1934
  • DE
  • EN
  • BENTLEY
    3 1/2 Ltr. DHC by Park Ward

    • "Works-Demonstrator"
    • Fantastic original condition
    • Very impressively documented
    Colour Rolls Royce beige/ Dandy brown
    Interior Leather brown
    Type Cabriolet
    Gearbox Manual shift
    Drive Right
    Mileage 99913 km
    Location Hamburg

    Description:

    Based on the modern Rolls-Royce 20/25 HP, the chassis of the 3½-liter Bentley was shortened and equipped with an engine optimized to 115 HP. Combined with a synchronized 4-speed gearbox and brake servo, the car easily achieved the driving performance of a sports car with little noise. “The Silent Sports Car”, as it was called, is a tireless long-distance tourer of which even W. O. Bentley himself claimed that the 3½ liter model was the best that ever bore his name. Because of the new manufacturing standards set by Rolls-Royce the new model became a great success. A total of 1,177 Bentley 3½-liter chassis left the factory.
    „BLU 134“ was registerd first on November 28 in 1934 and was used as a “Works-Demonstrator” for Bentley Motors. Since 1951 the car was in family ownership for 52 years. During this time the car was repainted from the bare metal and received an engine overhaul. In 2006 the vehicle was sold to a German collector. The wonderful continiual history of the car is impressively documented.

    265.000,00 €

    (§ 25 a, no tax to be shown)

    Fragen und Antworten More Hide information

    Description:

    Based on the modern Rolls-Royce 20/25 HP, the chassis of the 3½-liter Bentley was shortened and equipped with an engine optimized to 115 HP. Combined with a synchronized 4-speed gearbox and brake servo, the car easily achieved the driving performance of a sports car with little noise. “The Silent Sports Car”, as it was called, is a tireless long-distance tourer of which even W. O. Bentley himself claimed that the 3½ liter model was the best that ever bore his name. Because of the new manufacturing standards set by Rolls-Royce the new model became a great success. A total of 1,177 Bentley 3½-liter chassis left the factory.
    „BLU 134“ was registerd first on November 28 in 1934 and was used as a “Works-Demonstrator” for Bentley Motors. Since 1951 the car was in family ownership for 52 years. During this time the car was repainted from the bare metal and received an engine overhaul. In 2006 the vehicle was sold to a German collector. The wonderful continiual history of the car is impressively documented.

    Fragen und AntwortenBACK