1950
  • DE
  • EN
  • JAGUAR
    XK 120 Alloy-Roadster

    • 1 of only 240 built!
    • Completey "frame-off"-restored
    • Jaguar Heritage Certificate
    • Original LHD
    Colour Grey beige
    Interior Leather beige
    Type Roadster
    Gearbox Manual shift
    Drive Left
    Location Hamburg

    Description:

    At London Motor Show 1948 the XK 120 was presented and actually planned only as a small series. The first 240 exemplars were handmade with aluminum bodywork on wooden frames. The experts were astonished when the XK 120 not only reached the eponymous 120 mls (193 km / h) in a record run but even 213 km / h. This made the XK 120 the fastest car of its time.

    This XK 120 Roadster left the Coventry plant on April 12. of 1950 and was delivered via Clayrich Motors in St. Louis to its first owner Henry C. Heier. According to available information Heier used the car in various SCAA races. After about 40 years of service the car was offered as a barn find in Chicago in 2010. It was in a well-preserved condition at that time. The completely original aluminum body was almost without corrosion (photos available). An European collector bought the car and between 2014 and 2017 a complete “frame-off” restoration including renewal of the wooden frame was carried out to the highest standards. The works are extensively photo-documented. A Jaguar certificate is on hand.

    This is a rare opportunity to get one of the rare 120 Alu Roadsters. This car is a welcome guest at the most prestigious events and an asset to any selected collection – ready forMille Miglia!

    Equipment:
    LHD, spoke wheels, spats optional

    Engine:
    DOHC 6-cylinder, 3.442 cc, engine-number W1332-8

    On request

    Fragen und Antworten More Hide information

    Description:

    At London Motor Show 1948 the XK 120 was presented and actually planned only as a small series. The first 240 exemplars were handmade with aluminum bodywork on wooden frames. The experts were astonished when the XK 120 not only reached the eponymous 120 mls (193 km / h) in a record run but even 213 km / h. This made the XK 120 the fastest car of its time.

    This XK 120 Roadster left the Coventry plant on April 12. of 1950 and was delivered via Clayrich Motors in St. Louis to its first owner Henry C. Heier. According to available information Heier used the car in various SCAA races. After about 40 years of service the car was offered as a barn find in Chicago in 2010. It was in a well-preserved condition at that time. The completely original aluminum body was almost without corrosion (photos available). An European collector bought the car and between 2014 and 2017 a complete “frame-off” restoration including renewal of the wooden frame was carried out to the highest standards. The works are extensively photo-documented. A Jaguar certificate is on hand.

    This is a rare opportunity to get one of the rare 120 Alu Roadsters. This car is a welcome guest at the most prestigious events and an asset to any selected collection – ready forMille Miglia!

    Equipment:
    LHD, spoke wheels, spats optional

    Engine:
    DOHC 6-cylinder, 3.442 cc, engine-number W1332-8

    Fragen und AntwortenBACK