1930
  • DE
  • EN
  • BENTLEY
    4 1/2 Ltr. Short Chassis Open Tourer

    • Short chassis with VdP Coachwork
    • Very well documented
    • Sportive driving characteristics
    Colour British racing green
    Interior Leather dark green
    Type Cabriolet
    Gearbox Manual shift
    Drive Right
    Mileage 18897 km
    Location Hamburg

    Description:

    As further development of the 3 ltr. Bentley the 4.5 ltr. was very successful in Le Mans, Brooklands etc., which founded the very sportive Image of Bentley Motorcars. For many Bentley enthusiasts the 4 ½ liter represents the best of all W. O. Bentley creations.

    According to the “Built Sheet” this 4 ½ Bentley was sold to its first owner, H.M. Brown in Edinburgh and was fitted Van den Plas 4-seater Sports body. Until 1939. The car was regularly maintained by the service department of the plant. The further owner history is also very extensively documented. After several changes of ownership, the vehicle came to Derek Green in 1957, who ran a renowned workshop for Bentley / Lagonda / Invicta, which later became the company “Cedar Classic Cars Ltd”. Green completely restored the car, shortened the chassis to 9‘9 ½‘‘
    with the very sporty tourer body that is on the chassis today.

    After two long-time owners in England, the vehicle finally came to a Bentley collector in Germany in 2009. Old invoices and MOT reports complete the history of this desirable 4 ½ liter Bentle

    On request

    Fragen und Antworten More Hide information

    Description:

    As further development of the 3 ltr. Bentley the 4.5 ltr. was very successful in Le Mans, Brooklands etc., which founded the very sportive Image of Bentley Motorcars. For many Bentley enthusiasts the 4 ½ liter represents the best of all W. O. Bentley creations.

    According to the “Built Sheet” this 4 ½ Bentley was sold to its first owner, H.M. Brown in Edinburgh and was fitted Van den Plas 4-seater Sports body. Until 1939. The car was regularly maintained by the service department of the plant. The further owner history is also very extensively documented. After several changes of ownership, the vehicle came to Derek Green in 1957, who ran a renowned workshop for Bentley / Lagonda / Invicta, which later became the company “Cedar Classic Cars Ltd”. Green completely restored the car, shortened the chassis to 9‘9 ½‘‘
    with the very sporty tourer body that is on the chassis today.

    After two long-time owners in England, the vehicle finally came to a Bentley collector in Germany in 2009. Old invoices and MOT reports complete the history of this desirable 4 ½ liter Bentle

    Fragen und AntwortenBACK